When students engaged in work that is challenging, adventurous and meaningful, learning and achievement flourish. The Club is providing a Tier I level curricula design to improve children’s reading comprehension skills and work to become effective learners. This program will target 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students.
Volunteers will be assigned to one of six classrooms to serve as a coach, friend and mentor. Volunteer time slots are available Thursdays, at 4pm and 5pm. You will be given a weekly “prompt” for discussion with your class. We are expecting a five to ten minute conversation with your Club members weekly.
Please follow these steps to begin:
- Complete the Club's Volunteer Application
- Once your application is reviewed, you will receive an email asking you to complete our mandatory background screen. Please response to this email.
- Once your mandatory background screen is reviewed and approved, you will need to complete an Virtual/Online volunteer orientation, Seresa Corbin, Director of Community Engagement will contact you to arrange this orientation.
- You will be placed and begin a meaningful and rewarding experience.
ClubLit eMentor Expectations:
- Meet Weekly (Thursdays at 4:00 or 5:00) with your assigned class. (September - December 2020) (expect 85% to 90% of the time)
- Weekly session will last five to ten minutes
- Following the weekly conversation prompts provided by the Club
- Professional behavior online
- Follow Boys & Girls Club's mandatory Online and Club Member interaction policies
- Have FUN!