The Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Louisiana was awarded a new outdoor basketball court – a Nancy Lieberman Charities Dream Court™. Donated in partnership with American Airlines, the court will honor former LSU basketball player Glen “Big Baby” Davis.
The Alaska Boys & Girls Club was selected by Nancy Lieberman Charities to be the recipient of this Dream Court™ due to the prime location for many area kids and programming. This new state-of-the-art basketball court will give kids a safe place to play, as well as learn lessons about teamwork and good sportsmanship.
In attendance included:
- Emcee: D-D Breaux, Former Gymnastics Coach, LSU
- Dr. Pamela Ravare Jones, Mayor’s Office, City of Baton Rouge
- Corey Wilson, BREC Superintendent, City of Baton Rouge
- Members from the Police Department, City of Baton Rouge
- Pat Van Burkleo, CEO, Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Louisiana
- Griffin Gonzalez, Head of Global Charitable Initiatives, American Airlines
- Glen Davis, NBA Professional and Louisiana State University Alum
- Nancy Lieberman, Basketball Hall of Famer, BIG3 Head Coach